PLEASE NOTE: This is a site devoted to cataloguing ghost stories from across Ontario and is not related to or run by the Oban Inn itself. If you wish information about this wonderful spa/inn, please surf to Niagara's Vintage Inns for more information.
Built around 1824 by a Captain Duncan Mallory and now run as an elegant restaurant, the Oban Inn has (or had,) two very interesting permanent guests.
It is reckoned that the Captain himself has been heard walking the hallways long since he's become the "dearly departed" and the spirit of a "dishevelled old woman" has been seen wearing a white cook's outfit dating from the early 1930s around the inside of the building.
Completely destroyed by fire in 1992, the reconstruction of the Inn still offers it's guests the finest in Niagara hospitality.
There are no recent reports of the woman or Captain Duncan but maybe we just haven't heard them yet! According to the book, Mysteries of Ontario, one psychic claims that there are two ghosts in occupation of the building... a young woman who has been seen in the washroom and another at the back stairs and entrance of the inn.
As always, many thanks to John Robert Colombo's wonderful book, Mysteries of Ontario for assisting us in this story.